This holiday season, we're thrilled to introduce gift boxes thoughtfully made by hand by women artisans in Uttar Pradesh, India. Sirohi, a social enterprise started by Gauri Malik, works with over 150 women in communities outside of Delhi to help them find income opportunities, based on what they do best -- weaving.
These whimsical boxes use upcycled cotton thread and plastics to reduce waste, and natural fibers like jute along a black iron frame. Ours come in two colors: deep blue or festive gold. Perfect for storing small trinkets, hiding knick-knacks, or simply for decoration. The Alaya Gift Box includes:
- One woven box, in your choice of deep blue or festive gold
- Two Alaya Tea Cups, made in south India on a permaculture farm, in salt mustard or dusty rose
- Two Alaya Tea bags, in our best-selling Assam Black and caffeine-free Lemongrass + Ginger
- One stainless steel infuser
- A handwritten gift note (please write your note at checkout)
- Shipping is included!
Want just one mug? See our single mug box ($74) here.