Come work with our team!
We're currently hiring two Summer Fellows for Summer 2022. To apply, please submit your resume, and any other portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you're applying for.
1. PRODUCTION / SALES FELLOW (BASED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA)
Our Production + Sales Fellow will work closely with our Co-founders and Fulfillment Manager to help streamline operations, and elevate Alaya’s wholesale distribution presence in the U.S. You’ll get exposure on the backend operations for a small and growing food business, and have the ability to learn from our team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research small and medium-sized grocers, speciality food stores, and corporate gifting partners to expand Alaya’s wholesale channels
- Assistance with in-person tea-tastings, pop-up events, trade shows
- Assembling of tea labels, packages and boxes
- Coordination with current stockists and our LA-based co-packer with regard to orders, deliveries and shipments
- Attention to specifics: you love ensuring the little details are not overlooked
2. MARKETING + SOCIAL MEDIA FELLOW (100% REMOTE)
Our Marketing and Social Media Fellow will work with our Co-founders to elevate our social media and external presence across the U.S. You’ll have the autonomy to explore and propose new ideas, and the guidance to develop and implement them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with co-founders to manage social media channels, primarily IG and launch our TikTok channel
- Ideate, write copy, design graphics, and create educational and entertaining content (recipes, Giveaways) that will go live on our social channels, website, and email listserv, keeping in mind the Alaya aesthetic and tone of voice
- Research conferences, journalists, editors, and influencers for Alaya
- Identify, reach out to, and onboard content creators that align with Alaya’s brand values to create exciting content with
- Audit our current social media platforms and strategies, and propose best practices / strategy updates to improve performance
- Identify trends and suggest / create opportunities for growth therein
- Deliver monthly progress reports to share with the team
- Love of storytelling, the ability to execute on beautiful design, and appreciation of good tea.
A stipend will be provided per Fellow for the 3-month part-time period.
LOCATION AND TIMING:
The fellowship requires 20 hours/week, lasting for 3 months (June - September)
- The Production Fellow is ideally based in the Southern California region.
- The Marketing Fellow is a full-time remote position.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to email@example.com, as well as any other portfolios of your work (including any social accounts or writing).